Let’s start at the beginning. Why is important to have a logo? Having a unique logo creates a visual identity for your business, represents the activity, the mission, or the core values of your business. As it communicates ownership, it differentiates your company from the competitors. At BURIBA gamified branding agency, we think that a […]
Let’s start at the beginning. Why is important to have a logo?
Having a unique logo creates a visual identity for your business, represents the activity, the mission, or the core values of your business. As it communicates ownership, it differentiates your company from the competitors. At BURIBA gamified branding agency, we think that a logo works like a memory game. It pairs a graphic symbol or a picture with your business name which contributes to an easier and faster brand recognition. A good logo grabs the attention and supports brand loyalty.
Your logo plays a much more important part in your future customers’ decision making than you might think:
- 60% of people will avoid a company with unattractive logos regardless of how great their reviews are
- 75% say logos are the most recognizable brand identifier
- 50% of people are more likely to buy from brands whose logos they recognize
- brand loyalty is worth ten times more than a signal purchase
What makes a good logo?
At BURIBA gamified branding agency, we always say that a good logo is something that you can draw by your own hand. It should be simple, relevant, and unique. It should be an outstanding graphical presentation of a common symbol. The characteristics of a good logo can be optical illusion, a creative shape, gamified fonts, or a surprising element in the negative space of the icon. Naturally a good logo is timeless and proportional. Regarding the colours, there should be only 1-2 leading colours that help the audience to identify and recognize the brand. The logo should be able to places on a white, black and colourful background too therefore it’s important to have it in various formats and colours from inverse to transparent.
What makes a logo bad?
Let’s mention the two extremes.
First, when the logo is just too much. Too many colours, too many details, when the logo is just too complex. The logos are not paintings placed in Louvre. You cannot discuss its brush techniques for hours. Keep in mind that your logo should be also recognizable when it’s only 100 pixels.
Second, when the logo is too generic. Don’t use an icon that you can discover in hundreds of logos in Google, Shutterstock, or ClipArt. We know that it is very tempting to use a free logo maker or pay $100 to a junior designer but if you want to respect your plans, you have to start your company right, prepare your branding kit like you are about to launch a unicorn company.
What kind of logos can you order at BURIBA gamified branding agency?
- Brand marks: These logos are made of a graphic symbol, pictorial mark or an icon that represents a real-world object relevant for the company’s main activity.
- Abstract logos: These logos are made of an icon that is tailor-made for the business. The icon has usually no physical equivalence in the real world, it is mostly inspired by online symbols and characteristics of the business.
- Mascot logos: These logos use images of a character or person that act as a visual representation of your business. They are like your brand’s “spokesperson”. They often look like cartoon characters.
- Wordmark logos: These are the text-only logos where the focus is on the business name and therefore on the chosen fonts.
- Lettermark logos: These are the monogram logos where the focus is on the initials of the business name and the creative environment around the letters.
- Letterform logos: They are one-letter logos, usually a minimal version of a full logo. They look like the favikons (website icons in the search bar of your browser).
What is the process of logo design at BURIBA gamified branding agency?
- LISTENING TO YOU. First, we just listen to your thoughts, we ask you to send a brief to us.
- TREND & COMPETITOR ANALYSIS: Then we create a trend research about the recent logo trends and the logos that your competitors use. You will comment our trend research, we make the conclusions together, we modify the brief accordingly, and then we start designing.
- LOGO DESIGN: We provide you 3 draft versions. Each will have a different style, position, and font family. You will choose one or maximum two favourites that we modify according to your requests. We achieve the final version in 2-3 rounds after the first drafts were presented to you.
- ALL FORMATS: Finally, we provide you the approved logo in all formats: transparent png, jpeg, vector files (ai) and editable pdf together with the font family.
- KEEP ON GOING. After you have a logo, we can go to the next stage of branding which can be creating a brand book, moving on to the website design, mobile app design, presentation design or just making your business cards.
What is the price of the logo?
The price depends on your needs. In order to create a unique logo in high quality, none of the steps of the design process can be missed. It is worth doing a proper market research, designing from scratch, and creating versions in different styles to understand what fits the best to your company and how your brand can break through noise in marketing. There are certain services that can be very useful for your ongoing company design need like the brand book that can be additionally requested.
Contact us for a price offer and let’s see how we move forward.